Posted by: Mommy | 2008/10/28

Does Differin have anti-ageing effects?

My dermatologist told me this product (which I think was originally developed to help with acne prone skin) does in fact help in making one' s skin look younger. Is it true? He prescribed it for me, however I haven' t started using it yet as I since found out I was pregnant.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Mommy, thank you for the question and congratulations with the pregnancy, I wish you and your husband all the best.

Differin contains the active ingredient Adapalene which is a retinoid derivative and is predominantly used for treating acne. Retinoids are derived from vitamin A which has been shown to have anti-ageing properties namely:
Smoothing out fine lines
Increasing collagen production
Improving the texture and pore size of the skin