Question
Posted by: heidi | 2005/12/09

Does depression ever go away or will it always haunt me?

A couple of years ago I had really bad episodes of depression which went on for a couple of years, I was in and out of hospital and treatments. When it calmed down I was relieved and thought all of this suffering was over. My life has been a mess since and I am so scared of it. Two or three months ago I started again with mood swings, headaches, sleeping problems,ect. My thought patern is in a mess. Some days it feels like I am out side myself seeing how it is taking me down again. My biggest fear is comming back. How do I stop it?

We varu, Heidi. some of us are fortunate enough to have one significant episode of Depression, and then to recover and remain well ; some of us have several episodes, and so of us have a recurrent problem of episodes of Depression. From the sound of it, what you really need now is to see a good local shrink for assessment and review of the situation ; and treatment may well include medication, but for longer-lasting benefits, should also include CBT-style counselling

2
Posted by: heidi | 2005/12/10

Yes I have seen docters and a shrink before even been on meds, but for the past 4 years I was of meds and every thing. I thought I was coping ok but every now and then it comes back. I think this time its back for good. I try to be strong but i am all on my own, I fight this alone every time ( I have no one to fight it with me) Thanks for the kind words any way. there is no added stress I really do not know why it is starting.

Reply to heidi
Posted by: shooter | 2005/12/10

heidi, sounds like you are having a hard time. any added pressure in your life over the past month or so? were you on meds or seeing a therapist before?
life is full of ups and downs, we must just try to keep floating with the tide, yes it's difficult, even for me, but let's try to pull thru in the long run. good luck!

Reply to shooter