Posted by: Cat lover | 2008/08/25

Does butter under feet really work??

I am moving the weekend, and i am afraid of my cat/cats running away.

Does butter under their feet really work?

Dear Cat lover.

Do the butter thing just to give yourself peace of mind. You also will have no reason to blame yourself if they run off.

Buy a Feliway diffuser and keep them in for three weeks. Remember to do the butter three times daily as well. You cant be too safe.

Posted by: Carol | 2008/08/27

I can definitely recommend butter under their feet, but be careful not to put too much on, only on the pads of their feet. We moved from Pretoria to Richards Bay and I have six cats, and once we arrived here, I closed my cats up in the house for two weeks to adjust to the new surroundings and sounds etc. After that, I put the butter on and hoped for the best! It really works, we have been staying here for 9 months already and none of my cats have run away yet. I must also mention that all my cats have been sterilised, which results in them not roaming around that much.

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Blommertjie | 2008/08/25

The Feliway Diffuser work like a charm! Bit expensive, but really worth it! :)

Reply to Blommertjie