Question
Posted by: BK | 2007/03/30

does baby have a heartbeat still?

Call me paranoid or studid or whatever but time and time again one reads about girls going for a checkup and scan and the baby's heartbeat has stopped and the pregnancy is over. Can one prevent this? How do i know between my checkups that i am still pregnant - esp in early stages - and that baby has not stopped breathing or forming? Would this not result in bleeding and miscarriage?

Also (2) is there any limitations on sleeping position at about 3 months - is it safe to sleep on tummy?

First time mom - as you have probably guessed.

Most often a miscarriage starts with b leeding and pain, but it can happen that the heart stops and bleeding does not start. There would not be any way of knowing this, except that sometimes pregnancy symptoms disappear. Take folate and eat healthily. It is not worth worrying about every possibility during a pregnancy.
You can sleep on your stomach as long as it is comfortable.

2
Posted by: Nix | 2007/03/30

i my baby died at 9 weeks. my doc said that you'll notice that all your pregnancy symptoms stop immediately. stop stressing and enjoy your pregnancy. cross that bridge when and if the doctor gives you that kind of information. ie, babies don't breath in the womb. good luck and enjoy your pregnancy.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Pip | 2007/03/30

I gave birth to a stillborn baby at 35 weeks and an clear indication for me that there was a problem with baby was that his movements changed drastically - unfortunately you can only really start monitoring the movements from 28 weeks onwards...

It's best to sleep on your left side (or even on the right side)...

Reply to Pip