Question
Posted by: freakofnature | 2005/07/03

Does any1 know?

Before I start if you wanna judge, dont help... i dont need religious counselling. Does any1 know of any helplines for gay teens in S.A? Thanx

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

firstly your posting name suggests you don't feel that good about having issues about sexuality. Being gay, or wondering if you might be gay does not make you a freak of nature.

One of the best contact points in SA is the Triangle Project. They are based in Cape Town. If you are not near there, there they can advise you of your nearest support service. You can contact them at www.triangle.org.za

Their helpline number is 021 422 2500

9
Posted by: Sourz | 2005/07/11

Freakofnature,

please feel free to contact me on: granty(at)webmail(dot)co(dot)za And i will most gladly answer your questions, as i have been in your situation myself, and i know how you feel!

Reply to Sourz
Posted by: witblitz | 2005/07/09

hey there,
i'm a 19 year old gay guy, and an operator in a gay teens IRC channel (a chatroom).
i met alot of very decent guys there and you're welcome to join.
to connect, download mirc (www dot mirc dot com), connect to ZANet and type in /join #gayteens
enjoy!
oh btw, my nickname is witblitz there

Reply to witblitz
Posted by: freakofnature | 2005/07/08

Is there anyway I could contact you besides here? I would like to ask some questions. if you dont mind. I'll tell you everything somewhere else. If you dont wanna give an e-mail we could try QQ. Just give me a time

Reply to freakofnature
Posted by: Sourz | 2005/07/08

Freakofnature,

My best (gay) friend is also 16. As i said, you just have to find people/friends you can relate to, not nessisarily bars(which i wouldnt have recommended if i knew you were 16!), but "gay friendly" places. Thats why i ask what part of the country you are in, so i can make some suggestions for you... It is really important that you have someone in a similar circumstance to yourself to talk to... Do any of your friends / family know about your tendancies...? (pls excuse spelling ;-})

Reply to Sourz
Posted by: Disturbed | 2005/07/07

Hey Freakofnature! I'm female and I have heaps of gay friends, I prefur them over strait males, You guys seem to be lacking the arrogent male side of things which is great! not only that but you can really have a conversation with them with out them assumming you wanna have sex. dont be ashamed to be gay

Reply to Disturbed
Posted by: freakofnature | 2005/07/06

Im only 16, its kinda hard to get into bars :-). Any other ideas?

Reply to freakofnature
Posted by: Sourz | 2005/07/05

I dont expect you to give me your address, i'm just curious to know what part of the country you live in. Well... I only very recently got into the gay scene, and i'm really enjoying it. My family dosnt know, and i would rather they didnt know at this stage. I dont make it obvious that i'm gay, so i'm not criticized in public or at work, but i often visit (decent) gay bars etc, i enjoy meeting new people and making friends. This really makes me feel good about myself, as i'm becoming very popular in "our community" Unfortunatly 70% of the gay scene is about drugs and sex, so just be careful of who you hang out with or where you go. If you meet the right people, and go to the right places, you will really enjoy it.

Reply to Sourz
Posted by: freakofnature | 2005/07/04

Hey Sourz. I dont have any gay friends... Thats my prob. I dont know where to meet gay guys. I would rather not say where I live.

Reply to freakofnature
Posted by: Sourz | 2005/07/04

I'm a gay teen, and when i'm down, or need advice, i go to my gay friends.Could you try be more specific? Where do you come from?

Reply to Sourz