Posted by: siesa | 2008/08/21

Does a condition like this exist?

Is it possible for a person to suffer from the following symptoms?

When faced with a situation, ANY SITUATION, no matter how big or small, important or irrelevant, true to fact or completely windblown, and I' m serious when I say any situation, this person will consider the facts, right or wrong, left or right, and thus being unable to " choose sides" , still find it feasible to argue both sides of the story with equal intensity, and so confusing the other party / parties involved?

As an example: I would have been given two tasks 1: wash the car  and 2: tidy the garden. I would be busy with either task, then upon my wife' s return, I would be hauled over the coals so badly for not attending to the other task first. And visa versa. I am not kidding. No matter what my reasoning might be, it would be wrong and I would be instructed to switch tasks. Then we begin again...

Is there such a condition or is it a carefully calculated exercise?

Sounds rather like an obsessive personality disorder, or even OCD. Or a tactic. Or someone who can't make up their mind about priorities until you start, when its easy for them to decide that whatever you started, it's the OTHER one they wanted done first. Some people are only pleased by being displeased. They feel more powerful by picking fault with what others do.

Posted by: John | 2008/08/21

Ah, allow me: it' s called a God complex. They always know everything about everything and nothing, but nothing, that you do is right or good enough and they can find fault in perfection.

There are a variety of ways of fixing it:

1 - Loud, banging sound as you slam the door, saying in a happy voice " You can kiss my sorry arse goodbye forever" .
2 - Swift kick in the pants. Not recommeded as this may fall under the category of spousal abuse, as attractive andpleasurable as it sounds.
3 - Mimicking Winnie Madela and saying the words " Too bad"  in a haughty voice
4 - Deliberately letting yourself get caught doing the funky-monkey with the neighbour and taking notes in shorthand when your performance is being evaluated and alternative positions recommended.

Get out of it now or face a life of a slow, painful death by nagging.

Reply to John
Posted by: Lolo | 2008/08/21

No she really suffer from OCD, tell her you only have two hands and she must help if she want things done he way.

Reply to Lolo
Posted by: melissa | 2008/08/21

Sounds like she is just a plain B***ch. sorry, that is not normal

Reply to melissa