Question
Posted by: Me Too | 2006/04/12

DODGY TUMMY

My little one complained of feeling sick on Saturday and his tummy hasn't been right since. I have been giving him Valoids and he hasn't actually got sick, but he doesn't feel like eating. Also, I woke up this am with an upset tummy and I'm feeling worse as the day progresses. Unfortunately, I was off with a cold last week and work won't let me off and I'm unable to go to a doctor as I just can't afford it again. Any suggestions on what I can take to feel better and what else I can give to my little one. I'm hungry but don't want to eat as I'm scared to kepp going to the toilet at work. With thanks.

Dear Me too
I am probably totally too late with my answer ( our website was Out of order) but
It is always good to take a salt replacement fluid like Rehidrat, Kaopectin for the runny tummy for your child and immodium for yourself, inteflora or something similar ( or yogurt) 3 times a day. If you have fever, bloody diarrhoea or a diarrhoea that goes on longer than 3 days you do need to see a doctor.

1
Posted by: Lilian | 2006/04/12

Prevention is always better than cure ... It helps to drink one glass of red wine at night with one's meal. Red wine kills any salmonella or other food poisoning germs that may be lurking in one's food.

Give your son ROOIBOS TEA. It is known to stimulate a child's appetite.

You could take grated apple or banana.

Reply to Lilian