Question
Posted by: Andre | 2007/04/18

Documentation

I have personally experienced how long it can take home affairs to issue an ID document by changing my name. How long in general would it take them to do a gender change?

Expert ImageTransgender advisor

Andre, Unfortunately that is an easy question with a sticky, difficult answer.

Point is, it should take about 3 months or so, but right now every person including just the normal issue of an id book takes much longer than it should.

1
Posted by: Tina | 2007/04/19

Andre,

Once they stop playing GOD and play by the rules, and they do in fact "permit" a gender change, it should take no longer then 6 weeks to have a new birth certificate.

Taking into account you follow the CORRECT procedures the total process from apply till you have a NEW ID, should take 4 to 6 months.

Incorrect procedures, lead to application documents getting lost, etc.

Tina

Reply to Tina