Question
Posted by: Tracey | 2004/01/19

Doctor with no licence?

Recentently a chiropractor has started practising in the area in which I live. As I have had serious back problems, I have had an appointment with him. All went well. I have since found out that he has lost his licence twice for molesting his patients. How can I find out more about him or who can I contact regarding these accusations?

Tracey, chiropractors aren’t doctors and to tell you the truth, I didn’t know they needed a licence to practice. I suppose there then has to be some sort of board they’re registered with and the best would be to contact the HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa) at (012) 338-9300. Good luck.