Posted by: Freaked out | 2009/06/25

Doctor test

Morning Doctor.

I would like to ask a question, hope you can help me out. Over the last couple of weeks, I have had a lot of blood in my stools/whenever I passed stools. I have read a few of the other people' s questions quering about this, and it seems that I need to go see a doctor, as it could be cancer or some other sympton. What would be the best doctor (type of doctor) to see and what can I expect in terms of testing, what is done to you, how do they test you etc.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Freaked out
You can see your GP - he will check for hemorroids and do a physical examination. If needed he will organize a sygmoidoscopy under anaesthetic for you with a gastro enterologist
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Freaked out | 2009/06/26

Wow, thats hectic. I rather not go.

Reply to Freaked out
Posted by: anxious | 2009/06/25

Why have you waited to so long to do something about this? This is a serious problem and you need to see your gp URGENTLY! Amongst other things, you will have a stool sample sent for lab analysis. Go to your gp without delay! He/she will send you to an appropriate specialist if this is necessary, but it is not necessary to go directly to a specialist, your own doc can easily deal with this without any problem - BUT go ASAP!

Reply to anxious

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.