Posted by: Lisa | 2008/08/05

Doctor pls advice me !

My sister in law has this new virus that affects your nervous system, apparently her hands and body cirled up in spasm, she
said doctor said it' s a virus in the air that attacts your muscles, and that stress made it worse, pls docter tell me how true is the stress part, and how serious are a virus like that, cause hell knows the way the whole family is going on you' ll think she almost deid, and i just dont trust everything they say, cause the always know better, and playing on my husbands feelings, cause her stress was the main cause know we must help financially again her and her two sons, pls docter advice will be appreciated.
Best Regards

Hi Lisa
I THINK he may be referring to Ebstein Barr virus or Coxachie virus that is quite common, most of us get infected one or other time in our lives - some people get Yuppy flu from it that could be a stress related condition, and that can cause sore muscles and tiredness. If she is so stressed she probably needs psycological treatment with medicine and psycotherapy.

Posted by: Nicoleen | 2009/03/23

Please give me more information on this Coxachie virus.
My 4 months old baby had the virus.
I don' t rely know if she' s 100% over the virus.
What cause this virus?
How does this virus infect, by touch or air?
what can I give my baby to help her.
She still has red bum of fever, I don' t know if she still has the virus.
Please advice.

Reply to Nicoleen