Question
Posted by: Miena | 2006/04/06

Doc RE post 541- Cyst again after laparoscopy and histeroscopy

Follow on post 541.

Doc I had a laparoscopy and histeroscopy on the 1st of March. I am currently on day 35 of a cycle.
And what I asked is how long it would take for my period to return again, I had had a period 2 days after the operation, which lasted for 7 days.

You replied that I must take in consideration a ovary cyst - Could i get a cycst straight after the laparoscopy again???

Dear Miena

It is very unlikely that you would have a cyst straight after your Laparoscopy but the possibility that your period followed the Laparoscope should be considered. Occasionally after a Laparoscopy some patients take a little longer to resume their natural cycle and this may be a consequence of anti-inflammatories and medication used shortly, during or after the procedure itself. Should no period occur within the next 5 to 7 days I would start by doing a pregnancy test followed by and ultra sound scan to clarify the situation.