Question
Posted by: Scared | 2004/01/22

DOC PLEASE ANSWER (ECTOPIC?) - DESPERATE & AFRAID

I should be about 9 to 10 weeks pregnant. When I went for my first sonar on the 10th dec ( I should have been about three to four weeks at the time) the doc said they could not see anything but my tests kept showing positive, I had some light bleeding which stopped after a few days. they told me to come back for another sonar at the end of feb but now I have this constant numbness in my right side of my body and this pain in the right side of my uterus. I dont know what is going on? pls help.

Please see my answer to your previous posting.
In response to E, the response rate to questions on this forum is 48 - 72 hours. I have a fulltime job including night calls and have always answered questions within the said time, often sooner. With often more than 40 questions a day, this is more than reasonable.

5
Posted by: E | 2004/01/26

The idea of this site is to help scared, not mock me. I was never rude to anyone on this site before. I love this site. I was scared for Scared, since, as i explained to her, my friend had the same simptoms, and a quick reply would be great. I think they should have 2 gynea's on this site to answer the urgent questions... no hard feeling intended on the gynea.

Reply to E
Posted by: Norma | 2004/01/22

Hi Scared,

If I were you I would go and have a scan, this week.
Better save than sorry, I'm sure everything is fine.
My first scan was at 6weeks and you could see the little blop, and I had a scan on 12weeks and could see the baby.
You should see your doc, or maybe get a new doc, I think end of Feb is to long to wait, by then you are about 14weeks, there is some tests to be done.

Good luck, don't mean so scare u, but have it done

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Zynelle | 2004/01/22

YES E, THE DOC HAS NORMAL WORKING HOURS TOO. SHE CAN ONLY ANSWER WHEN POSSIBLE, AND IF YOU VISIT THIS FORUM REGULARLY YOU WILL SEE THAT SOMETIMES THE DOC ANSWERS FAST, DEPENDING ON HER WORKLOAD!!, AND THE DOC DOES STATE THAT IT CAN TAKE 24-48 HOURS FOR A QUESTION TO BE ANSWERED.

Reply to Zynelle
Posted by: ciska | 2004/01/22

E, I suggest that you don't make comments on the gynaedoc. She has an extremely busy life and doesn't sit in front of the computer 24/7 to answer everybody's questions. YOu are a very rude person I can see. I read one of your comments on another question from someone. If you are gonna make bad comments all the time, I suggest you leave this forum. People come here for help and advice, not to be treated rudly. There's no such things as stupid questions. We all benefit from another's question.

No hard feelings!

Reply to ciska
Posted by: E | 2004/01/22

go get a sonar done this week. a friend of mine had a ectopic pregnancy, she had all the same symptoms. go as soon as possible.
I don't know where this doctor is you know she doesn't answer to anyone's questions!

Reply to E