Question
Posted by: Katey | 2004/11/04

Doc, ladies, please help!! TTC

I have been on Triphasil for 6 years. Over the past six months I have been on and off. The last 3 months I have left the pill completely. I then decided to go onto Nordette. I did the first two weeks of the packet and have not taken another pill since. It has now been +- 2 weeks since I have used any pill. I decided to leave all meathods of contraception as we are ttc. About a week ago, I noticed some spotting. And then this morning (1 week away from my AF due date) I noticed some more spotting. The spotting today is brown in colour. My nipples are very tender. They have little bumps on them. Then this morning I noticed that my pants to don't fit the way they used to. Please tell me honestly, what is the possiblity of me being pregnant or am I just imagining it, could it be my body reajusting itself. Please somebody help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have only been off the Pill for two weeks, it is unlikely that there would be any signs of pregnancy yet. It is more likely to be your body readjusting.

1
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/04

Katey,

It all depends when in your cycle you stopped using the pill. If it was before ovulation, you may have fallen pregnant (although quite unlikely). Most probably your body is readjusting after the hormones from the pill. You need to make a note (mental or otherwise) about the length of your cycles and symptomps of PMS and ovulation that you experience after you stopped the pill. Then give it time...

Good luck!

Reply to Golly