Question
Posted by: Lilo | 2006/10/30

Doc increased clomid to 150mg-plse advis

I have had four courses of clomid (50mg) from days 5 to 9.
Went for a progesterone test last week. Gynae says the results weren't good, levels still far too low. She has put me on a 6 months corse of clomid of 150mg.

Shouldn't I be taking a break from the clomid, before starting the 150mg dose? Please advise.

Dear Lilo

It is strongly advised not to exceed 100mg of clomid as the outcome with hogher doses are not necessarily any better. This is due to the fact that there is an adverse effect on the endometrial lining with higher dosages and hence implantation failure.