Question
Posted by: enigma | 2005/07/05

Do you think this is wise.............

Im sorry to be posting this question, but maybe someone can help me. Me and my girlfriend bought a house recently. She is only 21 and i am 7 years her senior. I feel as if i am being unfair to her as she would love to buy her a new car and cannot because of the expenses of the house. I was thinking of putting the place up for rent, maybe for a year and moving back in with the parents, as we have only been staying there a month. Then she will be able to afford her car, i can get engaged and still own the property.
Do you think this is wise.............please help

Discuss this in detail with her, maybe even with your families. A house is a better investment, as Lara, says, and rarely gets hijacked, stolen, or destroyed in an accident. But, also, as Lara says, people who rent a house often damage it and don't care for it properly.

2
Posted by: Male23 | 2005/07/05

You should look at the priorities in life, a house is much more important that a car, yes you also need a car to go to work etc, but there is other transport aswell.
And the price of house shoot sky high, and just get worse by every month! So, i think you should really try to keep the house. (Thats my opinion)

Reply to Male23
Posted by: Lara | 2005/07/05

Enigma you should speak to her about it. A house is a better investment then a car. Chat to her about it, i mean this is your future we are talking about here... Also remeber when you rent out a place , people tend to mess up the house and sometimes you will struggle to get your rent money out of them...

Reply to Lara