Question
Posted by: Whatever.......... | 2004/10/23

Do women also suffer from Midlife Crisis??????????

Hi Doc,

I just want to know... like men do females also go thru a midlife crisis?
If so I want to know if I'm going thru one. I am in my early thirties and all I can think of is me, me, me. Will this moment pass or not?

Married and have kids, but all I want is to break free from all this.

W, absolutely ANYBODY can go through a midlife crisis, supposing, I guess, that they live long enough to reach any point that could be considered mid-life. Often people rush into a way of life that makes lots of sense at the time, whether in work / business, or in private life / relationships, and it goes well enough for a time, especially while they're rushing forwards ; but then, maybe things slow down a little, but they get to pause and wonder what it is they're rushing towards ( ot away from ); and what it's all about. This is where counselling can help, to enable a person to re-evaluate their values, needs, wants, and aims. Sometimes they re-discover that they're actually doing pretty well, sometimes they decide they need to make changes. The counselling setting enables them to do so more wisely than the first time around in life, when they were flying by the sea of their pants.