Question
Posted by: Melani | 2005/05/26

DO PMS SYMPTOMS INDICATE THAT PREGNANCY HAS NOT OCCURRED

On my last visit to the gynae he said that I appear to be ovulating on my own (had a follicle + lining at the time), + I had 3 periods previously.

He prescribed Clomid to help me superovulate (25mg).

I took my last tablet on 14 May, and had side pains on 19-23 May
I do not have a scan scheduled to see if I've ovulated, as he did not think it was necessary.

I felt slightly nauseous on 23 May and my nipples are now slightly sore.

What I would like to know is that if I start feeling PMS symptoms around 3 days past ovulation, does this mean that conception did not occur ?

I know pg symptoms usually start only after implantation - so what happens with your usual PMS symptoms if you fall pregnant in that cycle. Do they start and then disappear, or do they just not appear at all, if successul conception took place ?

Whether or not you get PMS symptoms does not really tell whether you have conceived or not. You will have to wait and see if your period comes at the expected time. Rememmber that Clomid can cause some symptoms as well.

4
Posted by: Rohi | 2005/05/26

OH YES! OMS symptoms is just the same as preg. symptoms. I started getting PMS sysmptoms from around 5 days after ovlation (something that never happens before). The day my period was due, i got this very PAINFUL PMS!!! it was worse than ever before. i took some brufen tablets but nothing worked. I was writing exams in that day, so i decided to wear a tampon to class, to avoid any kind of embarassment. On getting home about 4 hours later, the tampon was still whilte, only some mucus stains.

This went on for 3 days, then i took the pregnancy test and it was positive a few seconds later.

I still have period like pains and i'm almost 7 weeks!
All the best...let us know how it turns out!
Rohi...

Reply to Rohi
Posted by: YellowBear | 2005/05/26

Hey Melani

PMS symptoms are the exact same as pregnancy symptoms.

i seriously thought i was going on my monthly's and even took a painstop to ease the cramping but to my utter surprise and delight it turned out i was preggies

Reply to YellowBear
Posted by: Not Giving Up | 2005/05/26

Hi Melani

My PMS symptoms is sore breasts, cramping (3 days before period start), Tiredness. I had all the symptoms and found out that I am pregnant. Thus in my case PMS symptoms did occur and continued till 8 weeks of pregnancy.

Good luck.

Reply to Not Giving Up
Posted by: Norma | 2005/05/26

I still had my pms "pains", cramps and moodswings, but my period never started. It turned out that I was pregnant and over the moon....

Good luck, wait for your "missed period" and do a test.

Reply to Norma