Question
Posted by: Hmmmm | 2005/12/01

Do people who talk to...

their cars and give them names need professional help? A car is a big piece of metal/steel needed to get from A to B and if I ever started talking to one, I would have myself admitted.

Hey, in addition to what Jakes says, talking to your computer when it ISN"T working properly ? The advantage, as Delene points out, to talking to inanimate objects is that the seldom answer back and can be perfect listeners. Of couse once they start arguing with you, then you do need to see a good shrink.
And of course I talk to myself --- do you know how hard it is otherwise to find an intelligent conversation round here ?

18
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/12/02

Scrooge........thank you.....you know what I mean.

Reply to Valkyrie
Posted by: Hmmmmmmm | 2005/12/02

Enjoy your weekend in your new car.............hmmmmmmmmm

Reply to Hmmmmmmm
Posted by: ZeeZee | 2005/12/02

lol Good one Tango!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to ZeeZee
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/02

I love talking to myself ....... always get the right answers!!!!

Reply to Tango
Posted by: ZeeZee | 2005/12/01

No wonder u don't talk to your'e car if I was driving a Renault I would'nt want to talk to it as well. Just because I talk to my cars pets plants whatever does that mean I need help. I don't think so......You are just being nasty that is probably why you dont use your'e real nic.

Reply to ZeeZee
Posted by: Scrooge | 2005/12/01

If I want to talk to give my car a name,thats my problem,Don't get insulting.I don't discreminate against you for driving a renault.There are lots of other things you do that people might think you need help,Including discriminating against people who give their cars names.

Reply to Scrooge
Posted by: Hmmmmm | 2005/12/01

Don't be so daft Valkyrie, of course I am going to take care of it. I drove my previous car for 10 years and sold it in perfectly good condition. Just because I don't talk to them or give them names, doesn't mean I don't take care of them. I water my plants every week but don't chat to them either.

Reply to Hmmmmm
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/12/01

Wonder how long it is going to look new? Sorry Hmmmmmmmm I did not mean to be nasty it is just that my temper takes flight when people start getting personal and insulting.....forget it.

Reply to Valkyrie
Posted by: Hmmmm | 2005/12/01

And if my car had a brain, it might wish for many things....

Reply to Hmmmm
Posted by: Hmmmm | 2005/12/01

Actually, I have a brand new Renault Megane Sedan - got it about 4 weeks ago.

Reply to Hmmmm
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/01

Everyone talks to themselves.....sum, like me, just do it loud....

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Mona | 2005/12/01

Talking to yourself is fine, but get worried when you start answering yourself back!

Reply to Mona
Posted by: Bee | 2005/12/01

Talking to pets is a different thing, pets are living creatures who respond to your voice. I talk to my dogs all the time. I've also found myself saying to the car " go car, gooooo!"

Reply to Bee
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/12/01

Hmmmmmmm...........and your car is most probably in a very bad state cause you treat it like metal/steel to get you to A to B. Oil leaking, so dirty you cant' even see clearly, tyres in a bad state.....your car most probably wishes he had another owner.

Reply to Valkyrie
Posted by: «Parab☻la»™ | 2005/12/01

I definately spend too much time talking to myself...

Reply to «Parab☻la»™
Posted by: Car lover | 2005/12/01

Well, there are people who talk to their pets and various electrical appliances! EVEN PLANTS! My parents once threatened our apple tree that if it did not bare more than 2 apples, we would chop it down...the next season, there were 5 NICE apples! I know, it must be a coincidence...but it's just funny, that's all! I say, each to their own! When I was driving my mother's car, I found myself saying: "Please start...please start!"

Reply to Car lover
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/01

I talk to myself allot!!??
to my computor,
to my car
to my plants
to whatever is prepared to listen

Now you know why i need this forum
LOL

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/01

And talking to computers while they are working?

Reply to Jakes