Question
Posted by: hopeful | 2004/11/18

Do only Doctors supply blood preg tests??

Or can i get them at the pharmacy as well.. And would they be less than R500.
I am late by a two weeks and picking up weight, i am warm ans swelling. took a home urine pregnancy test a few days ago, which was negative. The doc will charge consultation and for the blood test.

The blood pregnancy test involves having blood taken from your arm and sent to the laboratory. This can only be done by a doctor or nurse. The cost is usually about R100.

5
Posted by: zinzizo | 2004/11/18

Where do you live? If you are in Pretoria,You can go to Malik Labolatory its costs R50 and only took 30minutes for results to come back. I didnt have to go to my Gynae or Dr.

Reply to zinzizo
Posted by: R | 2004/11/18

If you are not going the route of your Doc or Gynae then you will have to take your ID with you when you collect you results. Did two tests in July and it was not more that R85.

R

Reply to R
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/18

As kelly said you don't need a letter etc from your doctor. they will ask you when your lmp was and then also if you only want a test for positive or for counting. Take the counting one, cause if you are pregnant then they will tell you more or less how far you are.

The blood test is less than R80.00.

PS: Don't put your doctor's name on the form otherwise they will send the results to him. You can go and collect it within 4 hours.

Reply to Francis
Posted by: Kelly | 2004/11/18

You can have a blood test done at any laboratory eg. Pathcare. You DO NOT need to have a presciption from you doc, you just tell the nurse that you coming for a pregnancy test and that they must phone you with the results. It costs about R80 for the test.

Good Luck

Kelly

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Lady | 2004/11/18

You have to have a 'prescription' from your doctor or gynae to go for a blood test. Once you have this paper, you can go to any clinic of pathologists and have the test taken. It will cost about R100.
There is no other way to get a blood test done for pregnancy.

Reply to Lady