Posted by: Shalina | 2005/11/23

Do not want any more kids


My husband and I have decided that we do not want any more kids. I have a Protein 'S' deficiency, (basically my blood cloths), and because of this I can not be on any contraceptives (pills). I basically want to know “what are the best options that are available to me in terms of sterilization?” I also want to know “what is the recovery period of having this procedure?”

Please help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You can either have clips or rings applied to the tubes, or they can be cut and tied. Unless you have had previous surgery or are very overweight, it should be possible to do this laparoscopically. The recovery period would be 3-5 days.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: AAA | 2005/11/23

Best your hubby get sterilized.

Reply to AAA

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.