Question
Posted by: OVER THE HILL? | 2003/03/06

DO MEN FIND PREGNANT SINGLE WOMAN APPEALING?

All knocked up and nowhere to go... I'm facing single parenthood. I'm also at an age where all my peers are married/have partners and kids. I am not as scared of being a single mum as I am of not meeting someone nice who doesn't shy away from me because I'm pregnant/have a small child. That must say a lot about my current insecurities! I am not ready to be intimate but I often wonder if men would find me appealing during and after pregnancy. I'd love to have a nice guy around just for good conversation, nice dinners (I love cooking) and maybe even a backrub. However, I have this very sad little picture in my head that no man will be looking at me again until that baby is AT LEAST a toddler - and that's still ways away. I wonder what the opinions of women in their 30's would be if they were in similar situations.

Dear OTH,
Let's see what other readers can say, from their own experience. Men are about as variable as women. Some find pregnant women, and young mothers especially attractive, some don't. Don't assume that you have become automatically unattractive and unmarriageable, or you may make your predictions come true. Think positively, and remain open to unexpected acts of happiness.

3
Posted by: Spooky | 2003/03/09

One thing's for sure, "Vir elke pot, is daar 'n deksel".
Only a matter of time!
Have a good life.

Reply to Spooky
Posted by: get a grip! | 2003/03/07

Hello Young
Thanks for the vote of confidence ;-) This will be my first child and I've always looked at pregnant woman in admiration and a sense of the romantic side of it. Good to hear that even someone 5 yrs my junior has appreciation for the wonder of life. Take care.

Reply to get a grip!
Posted by: Young | 2003/03/06

Hi, welli am a young male, ( 25 ) and i have always though a pregnant women to be very sexy. You are carrying a life in there, whats not sexy about it !!!!!!!

Reply to Young