Question
Posted by: ANON | 2005/07/26

DO LAXATIVES OR SEX ANCOURAGE PERIODS?

My last period was a week ago,for 5 days continues, wich is normal.My concern is that this past weekend i had to get laxatives because i have IBS (irretible bowel syndrome) and it causes constepation and other irritating shymptoms.

so between that and having had sex with my fiance on saturday i started with my periods on sunday again and its like a normal sycle. is this normal for a 20 year old or can it be the factors involved. And can i suffer from a severe blood loss? cause its kinde heavy.

Please help!!

Laxatives will not bring on a period. If the bleeding starts after sex, it could mean a problem with the cervix. You should see your doctor for a check-up.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2005/07/26

Yes and no.Sex can trigger your period only when the time is just about right ie if its a day or two before your period because of the contracting uterus during sex.But NO! Laxatives and sex do not normally trigger an early period.I think you need to increase your iron intake becoz you lost a lot of blood.See how it goes.If your cycle is short next time it will be best to see a gynae.

Reply to Dee