Question
Posted by: Dragonfly | 2004/02/02

Do I suffer from depression?

I have extreme mood changes, one minute I'm happy, on top of the world and everything is fantastic, the next minute I feel sad, depressed, cry over little things. This have been going on for a couple of months. I don't feel unhappy but my roommate says that I'm unhappy. Do I suffer from depression?

Dragonfly,
Doesn't sound like Depression, but rather an unsabl;e mood, for whatever reason, maybe stress. In Depression, you are Depressed, and gloomy ( check via the home page of Health 24 for our full section on Depression ) most of the time, most of the day, most days of the week, for weeks and months on end. What you seem to be describing is more that we'd call a labile mood, easily bounced up or down, by circumstances, with the extremes not lasting for long.