Question
Posted by: Me | 2006/11/13

Do i need to see a shrink ??

Hi There. I need some info. Over the last 4 months, my hair has been falling out a lot. My doctor gave me vitamins, because blood test didn't show any shortages in my system. She asked if I was stressed, which i'm not. I did however lost my mom and sister 3 years ago, in the space of a week. To myself I think i'm coping well, but am now wondering if this couldn't be a result of my hair falling out, maybe i'm not coping as well as I thought ??? I get teary eyed easily if i hear a sad song, NOT all the time but i do get times it happens. Should i see someone ??

No harm in seeing a shrink for a good thorough checkup . Stress can play a part in causing such hair problems, and also, as you say, having your hair fall out can itself be stressful.

2
Posted by: Momof3 | 2006/11/14

Hi Me. We dont all show grief and hurt ,sadness and depression in the same way.loosing your sister and Mom in the same week must have been very overwelming and too much for you to bare at the time or even understand.It takes time for all the information to sink in and actually feel what has happened.
I do feel that you should see a counsellor(one that deals with loss of a family member)Hospice might have such a counsellor.I can alos understand how you feel having lost my mom when I was 10 and my dad at 12.Little things , a smell or music or having a braai will suddenly bring back a flash of memeries. it has been 36 odd years and I still cry when hearing a sad piece of music or or apiece they loved.We miss them all the time and it will never go away just the pain will become less

Reply to Momof3
Posted by: Echelle | 2006/11/13

Maybe you should see someone.

Reply to Echelle