Question
Posted by: REES | 2007/07/23

Do I need to be concerned?

I am 35 years old and have two children. The yougesr is 8 years and the oldest is 11 years old. I have been using Femodene for a number of years. I was suppose to start menstruating on 16 July 2007, but did not. I took a home pregnancy test on 21 July 2007 and the result was negative. My question is how accurate these tests are and if not pregnant, do I need to be concerned? Is it possible that menstruation can stop at such an early age as 35?

You could do a blood test to be 100% certain, but the home tests are fairly accurate. You may have a cyst or other cause for a missed period. It would be a good idea to see your doctor.

1
Posted by: preggies | 2007/07/23

Well i am 26 and currently 29 weeks pregnant. When my period didnt start in January this year, I took between 5-10 home pregnancy tests and all came out negative. Only when I went to my GP (must've been about 5weeks pregnant) did the test come out positive.!!! But what i could recommend is that you urinate into a cup and do the test like that. That is they way they did it at the GP. Good Luck!!

Reply to preggies