Question
Posted by: Heart Beat | 2005/06/30

Do i need this Blood pressure med.

Dear Doc,
I have been off Cozaar Comp for alomst 3 months and have been having my blood pressure monitored at a clinic 2x per week....... my blood pressure consistantly shows normal readings. Where do i go from here? I was told that I would have to be on HBP medication for the rest of my life. Would taking Eltroxin for my hypothyroid affect blood pressure?
I dont want to be on drugs if it is not neccessary. Some months ago i went for Doppler tests on my legs for pain i was experiencing.... the tests were clear and there was good flow.
Please advise me. Thank you.

Heart Beat, it might be that you never needed to take the medicine. The best would be to keep checking your blood pressure once a week, keeping in mind that a normal blood pressure is 135/85 or lower. Good luck.