Question
Posted by: Mel | 2007/03/09

Do i need more hours of exercise

Hi Doc,

I recently started to exercise, i weigh 82kg and my height is 1.65. I exercise for an hour with a qualified personal trainer, three times a week, is this enough for me to loose weight, I am also struggling to stick to balance diet although i try. Kindly advise if i should add more hours of exercing given the fact that i am too overweight

Thanking you in advance

Hi Mel

It's enough for a start, though over the next few weeks, you will be able to build up on that and eventually do 5 days a week. That's probably what you should be aiming for, perhaps by mid-May, in 8 weeks time. But right now, the fact that you are being supervised, and doing the exercise consistently, is a good thing, so just keep it up. As for the diet, that's something I do suggest you speak with a dietician about - perhaps there are little tricks you can use to remain disciplined and not let it go too much. But just stick with this for a while, you're on the right track.

Ross

1
Posted by: Mel | 2007/03/12

This has help me so much Doc, thanks for encouragement at least now i know that i am on the right track. Again Thank you!

Reply to Mel