Question
Posted by: Jinx | 2004/01/28

Do i need a perscription?

Hi Doc, What are the treatment options in the form of a cream for instance, that works, that i can buy from the phamacy without a perscription for worts on the genital area? i need something that works.I think i may have got worts from my boyfriend and i need to stop the spreading ie get rid of them. thanks so much,
regards.

Jinx, the best product to use for genital warts is Aldara®, but you will need a prescription for it. It will also be unwise to just start treating something if you’re not sure of the diagnosis, so the best would be to first see the doctor. Good luck.