Question
Posted by: permi | 2007/12/07

do i lack nutrients?

i have been training (cardio, weights, aerobics, n abs) since july, i traing 5 times a week for an hour, and lately i have been feeling pains on my hip joints if its not the left its the right leg.

do u think i lack certain nutrients to supplement my body? n if so what do u recommend i buy?

Hi Permi

I don't think so, there's unlikely to be a nutrient that explains this. It's more likely that you've just been doing a little bit too much training, and your joints are reacting to this. What I would suggest is that for a few weeks, you train 3, maybe 4 times a week instead of 5, and then maybe even reduce the duration down from 60 minutes to about 45 minutes. Just bring the training load down a little, to about 80% of what you're doing now, and then see what that does. I have a feeling that it will alleviate the symptoms. If not, then you probably need to consider seeing a doctor about it.