Question
Posted by: Me | 2006/07/26

Do I have cellulitis?

I wore a shoe and I think I had tied it very tight-in the morning when I woke up I felt a burning sensation where the knuckle of the shoe was-I notice that my skin had expanded, it is very red and very painfull-it looks like there is water, I actullay have these sort of things if I scratch myself or get bitten by an insect when I was young-I was adviced to take penicillin tabs-Is the something that I should be worried about,As I am panicing.

Expert ImageArchive

Cellulitis is a bacterial infection of the deeper part of the skin. The skin is red, swollen, tender and hot. You may have fever and chills. You may otherwise have contact eczema of the foot. The knucle of the shoe may contain nickel which is an important cause of contact eczema. I cannot say what you have.