Question
Posted by: kelly | 2006/07/26

Do I have an underactive thyroid

My hair is falling out, I am battling to lose weight and feel constantly tired. My hands and feet are always cold. The sister at our pharmacy suggested I have a thyroid test. Would you agree?

Dear Kelly
Definitely - while having it, also test for Iron shortage anaemia.

1
Posted by: Ray | 2006/07/26

Hi Kelly,

It could well be - my wife has low thyroid (hypothyroidism) and her symptoms are almost exactly the same as yours. She goes on strict diets and actually picks up weight !Suggest you see a specialist - the main treatment is a daily tablet called Eltroxin.

Hope this helps!

Reply to Ray