Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/27

Do I have an STD??

Hi doc.

I really need your advice.

I’ ve developed a problem which I find absolutely embarrassing. Too embarrassing to see a doctor. I don’ t even know whether a GP would be able to help me, or whether you even get such a thing as a penis doctor? Could you perhaps refer me to someone (should it be necessary) in Pretoria East?

A while back I had a one-night stand with someone that I didn’ t know. We used protection, but I think I might have picked something up. Visibly, there is absolutely nothing, except perhaps some redness, so I’ ll only be able to explain the symptoms.

I started to develop an itch underneath my one testicle that really drives me crazy. I went to the pharmacy (not saying where the itch was), and they gave me Phenergan, which helps for about an hour.

Then my penis head started to become extremely painful. Once again, nothing visible.
Sometimes I’ m not even able to touch it, let alone wash properly.

It doesn’ t go away. This has been carrying on for about 2 months, and the pain is getting worse.

I don’ t know whether it could perhaps be an std. I did some research, and every std seems to have visible symptoms. I have no sores or lesions, but it feels as if the skin is incredibly thin and sensitive.

Please help me, this is PAINFULLY embarrassing.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

sounds like a fungal infection - see your doc -

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Had it once | 2009/05/27

Go see any doctor for that matter. It is their work, they have seen all and worse. For them it is like driving a bus or filling in a form or doing whatever mundane job. No reason what so ever to be embarrassed. There are many people who have whatever you picked up.

Reply to Had it once
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/27

You would need to see a Urologist(penis doc if you want to call him/her that), nowadays things like this shouldn' t embarrass you, your health is more important and believe me I understand, going to a gynae is still embarrassing for me.
I can' t tell you if its an STD but I am sure a Urologist would answer all your questions and thoroughly check you out. Please try and overcome your embarrassment and try and sort the problem out before it becomes a very serious problem if not already so. Is your shyness really worth all the pain you going through.
I can' t recommend anyone as I live in Cape Town, but I do hope someone else can.

Good Luck and please go see the specialist (Urologist).

Reply to Anonymous

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.