Posted by: Mpho | 2007/12/14

do i have a heart condition?

everytime i eat a type of food, something that has fat in it, i get a pain in my chest! im 24 and my BMI is 29 - i am working on losing weight. do you think that i have a heart condition and should go for a check up, or do i just need to loose weight? what abou my cholesterol, i have never had that checked should i do that?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Mpho

Thank you for visiting

You should consult your GP to have an ECG and a cholesterol test done. You should also consult a Dietrician, in order to get a personalised diet worked out for you.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Cornel | 2007/12/16

Hallo Mpho.

It deffinetely does not sound like a heart condition to me. You may get oesophagus spasm or acid reflux.

Avoid eating Fatty foods (will also help a lot with your plan to loose weight) and get your Cholestorol tested in anyway, just to make sure you are on the right track.

Do you have heart desease in the family? that plays a big roll.

Good luck and enjoy your weekend by eating fresh fruit, rather than fatty food.

Reply to Cornel

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.