Question
Posted by: Lose4 | 2007/04/11

Do fat burners affect your metabolism

Doc

I would like to lose a few kg's (about 4-5). I am not fat at all, but I do have a small boep that I would like to shake in order to get that 6pack.

I am excercising but this still leaves me with some fat and would now like to turn to fat burners. But I am scared that once you started using them, you cannot stop (e.g. when you start using cholestrol pills like Lipitor, you can never stop using them because your body leaves this area to the pills).

Will this happen with fat burners.

If not, which fat burner would do you reccomend?

Lose4

Dear Lose4
The effect that fat burners have on your metabolism depends what compounds they contain. For example if you buy a fat burner that contain synephrine, epinephrine or pseudo-epinephrine or bitter orange extract, then you can get addicted to these components. Other ingredients like caffeine can also cause addiction. I would recommend that you rather increase the amount of cardio exercise you do on a daily basis (running, jogging, rowing, spinning, etc) and do situps for the boep. The more aerobic exercise you do, the more fat you will burn. If you combine this exercise with a low-fat diet then your 6 pack should be attainable. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet).