Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2004/10/27

Do divorced people remarry?

Ive been with my b/friend for a couple of years I was wondering if divorced people ever re marry? I dont want to bring it up but sometimes I feel like I deserve a man that wants to ask me to get married. Im 29 and feel that Im reaching that age. How can you find you with not sounding needy?

Well, Mandy, of course divorced people DO remarry ; some of them remarry numerous times, just as some get divorced numerous times. I think one can stand up for oneself without sounding whining and needy --- it's entirely fair for you to insist on a serious discussion with this guy who probably finds the current arrangement ideal for you and fears that marriage might spoil for him something that is working just fine. It's far for you to want to get married, and to have clarity from him as to what his intentions are, before you spend too many years waiting for something that might not be coming.
I wonder what "needy" really means. I suspect it's something to do with someone demanding that other people supply something they're well able to supply for themselves, or when they keep whining about something they want without ever being satisfed, however much they get of whatever it is they're asking for.
So you're not being "needy" --- you're being reasonable in wanting claification rather than long-running ambiguity.

3
Posted by: Mandy | 2004/10/28

Thanks everyone I feel better! Will take your advise!

Reply to Mandy
Posted by: PC | 2004/10/27

Mandy,

Ja geskeide mense trou weer. Op my verjaarsdag het my ou my gevra om verloof te raak, ons albei is al 2jaar geskei!!! en ons het so wat 6maande terug getrou. Ons was omtrend 3jaar saam,, en dit het gebeur.

Ek kon nie vir n beter mansmens gevra het nie. Ons is nog net so verlief op mekaar soos die eerste dag wat ons mekaar gesien het. En die liefde word by die dag sterker. En ek het hom op een van die internet chat rooms ontmoed.

Het my reg gemaak om alleen oud te word,maar daar was ander planne met ons altwee se lewens. So GLO en VERTOU op DIE HERE Hy weet as dit dit die reget man vir jou is sal julle wel trou,,so gee maar n bietjie tyd daaraan.

Ek is 34 en my man 32,ons albei het kinders uit die vorige huwelike,maar ons allmal kom baie goed oor die weg met mekaar...

Sterkte....

Reply to PC
Posted by: Bull | 2004/10/27

I got married to a man who was divorced. We were together for 3 years before I asked him to marry me.

We were staying together and everyting was working for us and we are a match made in heaven.

So, 1 day I got home, sat him down and asked him if, since everyting is perfect for us and our relationship, can't we get married and make it official? Wel, of cours I felt so stupid doing it but I just decided that I wanted to know what the future was holding for me and if it ment that I had to end the relationship there because he does'nt want to marry again in his life, then I was prepared to do so.

Why don't you ask him if you two must not start thinking of marraige? It's a whole different ball game once your married. You feel more secure and you can now really start building a future togehter. If you are just living together, you are never sure of anything.

If you are sure of him and his feelings for you, talk to him. I don't think it would be fair of him to never marry again because he's been down that road before. If it's important to you, then he must try to accommodate you.

Good luck.

Reply to Bull