Question
Posted by: Puzzled | 2003/01/09

Do animals masturbate ?

Hi Doc Elna,
Would you be aware of any animals that masturbate ?
I know that Dolphins, for example, often have sex just for pleasure.

Oh, and well done for the good answer to "Christian perspective"on masturbation.
God sure gave me good hands, penis, brain, etc. all of which have stood me in very good stead during times when my God-given healthy libido has called for it.

I have no idea.

1
Posted by: Rosy | 2003/01/09

The pigmy chimpanzee in Central Africa does exhibit "homosexual" acts, when the females rub their external genitalia against each other, where they then make a high pitch sound (scream if you want) when they orgasm. This is done, according the primatologists, to enhance the relationship of the female in the group.

The common chimpanzee also has sex when it is excited by for instance, a tuft with another group, or finding large quantities of food.

This is the only instances I know of. Why do you ask?

Reply to Rosy