Posted by: Lerato | 2007/12/19

DNA tests

I lost my father three months ago, on his funeral we found out that he had a six year old daughter with another lady. Now my question is, how do we prove that the child is my fathers? what blood test can be performed since my father is no more? i called the lab the other day and they told me nothing can be done as my father was the only link to solve this mystrey. is this true or there are some sort of test that can be done without my father? i also have a blood brother.



Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Lerato
Both you and your brother will have genes from your father. Although it will not be 100% foolproof, if they compare the childs blood with your and your brother, they may be able to see whether you share some genes, confirming if she is family or not.
Try Lancet labs?
dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.