Question
Posted by: Lerato | 2007/12/19

DNA tests

I lost my father three months ago, on his funeral we found out that he had a six year old daughter with another lady. Now my question is, how do we prove that the child is my fathers? what blood test can be performed since my father is no more? i called the lab the other day and they told me nothing can be done as my father was the only link to solve this mystrey. is this true or there are some sort of test that can be done without my father? i also have a blood brother.

regards

Lerato.

Dear Lerato
Both you and your brother will have genes from your father. Although it will not be 100% foolproof, if they compare the childs blood with your and your brother, they may be able to see whether you share some genes, confirming if she is family or not.
Try Lancet labs?
dr Bets