Question
Posted by: Kalie | 2003/01/23

Dizzyness when Excercising

Whenever I excercise I get light headed and nauseas. I'm healthy (have allergic asthma) with normal blood-pressure and am not severely overweight (could lose about 5kg). I'm trying to get fit and taking it slowly - but even that's not good enough - as soon as I do cardiovasc. excercise I get the same symptoms. Sometimes I also get 'the shakes' thru my whole body. This is very anoying as it disrupts my whole excercise routine - and I just can't get fit. (I was fit my whole life - but due to illness last year had to drop out of all sports for a month - then I was just too lazy to start up again.) Please help!

Kalie, I’m not sure what the problem is, but I think the best would be to go for a stress ECG to make sure it’s not your heart. In the meantime, don’t push yourself too hard exercising. Good luck.