Question
Posted by: Dixi | 2011/01/13

Dizzy

Hi - I''m 36 years old, female. I have many dizzy spells. I will be sitting at my desk, infront of the tv etc and all of a sudden it will feel as if a hand or something is swiping over my brain...if that make any sense? The dizzy spell is only for a few seconds, but happens a few times right after each other - I would say maybe 3-4 times per week. What could it be? When ever I visit a doctor my blood pressure is always perfect.

Hallo Dixi
The way you describe it, it is a short spell of feeling like you are going to faint?
It sounds to me as if your brain does not get enough blood for a few seconds - it may be due to an irregular heart beat - ask your doctor to organize a holter ECG (a portable ECG that you wear for 24 hours to diagnose periodic irregular heart beats)If that is fine, you maybe need to see a neurologist to exclude a possible petit mal epilepsy.
If the dizziness is a drunk feeling (like the earth is rotating around you) it may be due to a middle ear problem

2
Posted by: merle | 2011/01/17

I am a 61woman. Lately I have been getting dizzy, only about 2 or 3 minutes after getting up I get a head rush and feel like I am going to pass out.

Reply to merle
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/13

Hallo Dixi