Posted by: Mands | 2007/04/12

Dizziness & Giddiness

Hi Doc,

I had a laparoscopy three weeks ago to treat endometriosis.

About two days after the operation I experienced dizziness and I called my surgeon to check that everything was ok. He said that the dizziness was due to a bad reaction to the anasthetic. The dizziness then persisted for another week and I went to see a GP who put me on Pur-Bloka and Xanor which I then tried for a week too.

There was no improvement on Monday and I then attended the ER room and the doctor said that all my vital signs were normal. My blood pressure was a bit low but not dangerously. She said that I must get off the medication and that there should be a drastic improvement by the weekend. Its Thursday and I still feel so dizzy. I'm 25 yrs old female and can't believe that I am having this problem at my age. This problem happened ever since I had the operation.

A lot of people are telling me its in my head and I'm beginning to think I'm going crazy. It's affecting every area in my life, my work, my marriage and me as a person. I'm very frightened. I also have this ringing noise in my ear. No doctor is seeming to help in finding out what is wrong.

I'm really scared doc, your advice would be appreciated.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Mands
"Dizzy" can mean that you feel faint or like you want to pass out. It can also mean "off balance" If you have a ringing in your ear, you probably have the "off balance" dizziness which is caused by a temporary middle ear problem. ( sometimes just an increase in the pressure in one ear maybe due to the anaesthetic) Ask your GP to prescribe you some Serc (expensive) or Stugeron ( you get cheaper generics) for a week or so - if it persists you need to see an ear nose and throat specialist - but it normally clears up by itself. (I don't like xanor - it makes one feel funny and can be addictive - it is to calm you)

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.