Question
Posted by: jared | 2007/12/21

dizziness

Dear Dr

I have a type of feeling as if I am extremely exhausted. This converts to a feeling of dizziness, especially when I am driving, or talking to someone face to face. I have sufficient sleep. The feeling I have is that I suddenly have a movement as if I am going to fall. This happens even if I am sitting. I am on ashtma medication, including prednisone, lipitor, and I have a cataract. In order to support myself from having the feeling of dizziness, I hold myself very stiff which causes a strain on the back of my neck. Please advise what can be done. Thanks. I am 52 years, male.

Dear Jared

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You should consult an Ear Nose and Throat Specialist for a thorough examination. There are a multitude of reasons that can cause your dizziness or what we call fertigo and it will be better to find the real cause for the problem than guessing.

Kind regards