Question
Posted by: Mands | 2007/05/28

Dizziness

Hi Doc,

Some advice please.

I had a laparoscopy in March and my Gynae found stage 1 endometriosis which he quarterized.

About two days after surgery I had sleep and upon waking I had extreme dizziness and lightheadness which I have now had for the past nine weeks.

I have been to an ENT as well as a Neurologist and they haven't been able to help in alleviating the dizziness. I'm 25 years old and never suffered from dizziness prior to the operation. I have just last week gone to have tests done at a Dizzy Specialist in Pretoria who I can only see at the end of June. The lady who did my tests mentioned that Hormonal Imbalances can also cause dizziness.

Do you think I have reason to suspect that what is causing my dizziness is in fact a hormonal imbalance?

I am presently on Minerva but have recently had an outbreak of acne and I feel tired most of the time. My periods are better since the operation in that they are not so painful but my skin has broken out and I have a very low sex drive too.

Your advice is appreciated.

The low sex drive can certainly be due to the Minerva, but the acne should not be. Minerva usually helps acne. Dizziness is not usually a hormonal effect. I would suggest that you wait and see what the specialist says.