Question
Posted by: free | 2007/12/04

divorced with kids

I have met the most wonderful man, however he is divorced with 2 children. He sees them every 2nd weekend, Wednesday nights and takes them to school everyday. I havent got any children of my own. I can only see him every 2nd weekend when he hasnt got the children as it is a bit soon for me to meet them. It is still the early stages of our relationship, but I am already getting irritated with the situation. Should I call it quits. Anyone else in the same situation?

Have you discused this with him, and what does he say about this ? Maybe when he feels more secure in this relationship he'll wan to introduce you to his kids, and you could then share some of his time with them, as well as having time to yourselves ?

3
Posted by: Stepmom | 2007/12/04

Run! as fast as you can. Those kids will ALWAYS be an issue and the older they get the worse it becomes. I broke up with mine and it was all due to the kids.

You can be a little hurt now or later a lot hurt.

If you think your kid with him one day will take preference you will make a mistake.

And they will manipulate him and hurt your child when you are not looking.

Go to the step parenting forum and read some stories there if you don't believe me.

Reply to Stepmom
Posted by: RP | 2007/12/04

Some women will have a MARRIED guy as a boyfriend in the HOPE that he will leave his family one day. You dont say how long you have been seeing him for or how long he feels its right to wait before his kids can meet you?? If the you feel for this guy, its probably worth hanging in there for a couple more months...

Reply to RP
Posted by: Lolo | 2007/12/04

what u see is what you get, if u love him don't leave but bear in mind that he has kids and you can't change that.

kids are adorable if i were u and in love i'l support him and help where i can.

call yourself free woman if you don't love him because ther's lot of fish in the see, but not the same.

Reply to Lolo