Question
Posted by: anon | 2006/07/28

divorced parents

i am always amazed how divorced parents make plans for their weekend off and then are very upset when their kids might not be going. sorry if this sounds judgmental and I dont know what its like but married couples have their kids 24/7 the way it should be and dont get time out from the kids, make arrangements with them and around them if need be. gosh it seems that when you are divorced the other adult in your life becomes a priority and not the kids - am i wrong???

I agree with delene and me.

2
Posted by: Me | 2006/07/28

u are very wrong Anon, especially where you say "but married couples have their kids 24/7 the way it should be and dont get time out from the kids"

my parents used to send us to our granny so that they can have time of their own. what kind of a life would they live as a couple if they didnt have us "away and get time away from us"

you are generalising and your analysis is very vague.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Delene | 2006/07/28

Yes Anon, you are wrong. I assume this post is directed to me because of my post.
It is upsetting mostly because the kids get hurt when they look forward to go to their "other parent" for a w/end, and then gets dissapointed.

And arrangements do get made with them and around them. That means If we are under the impression the kids are not there for a w/end, we arrange different things. Things we wont normally do with the kids. So when you have to rearrange everything at the last minute, its upsetting for many parties involved.

It would be the same if I arrange with my parents to take the kids for a w/end. Kids are excited. We maybe have plans to do something by ourselves and then everything gets canceled. Kids are dissapointed, we are dissapointed. Can happen even with couples who are not divorced.

Reply to Delene