Question
Posted by: anna | 2003/03/19

Divorce process and baby on way

I read through your other articles about unhappy relationship and babies on the way. In my situtaion I only found out after I submitted the divorce papers to my husband that I was 4 weeks pregnant, I though about aborting or keeping the baby, but opted to keeping the baby, I mean the baby knows nothing and I was really happy afterward with the thought that I am going to have a second child. He was also happy when I told him, I think because he thought that might change the situation.

But I dont want him anymore becasue of his cheating and him not respecting me and not treating me as his wife, thus I came to deciding a divorce is the only last option (we went to a marriage councillor and it did not help) his girlfriend everytime get the protection from him and he belittles me in fornt of them everytime I get him.

My problem is that now I am 11 weeks pregnant and have mixed feelings about keeping the baby, will I cope witht the pregnance and divorce, emotionally I am not hurting the baby because I am really depressed. I still love my husband, but I am not happy at all.

Please give advise

Thanks.

Dear anna,
In my experiece ( I worked in Obstetrics for a while ) it's not at all unusual for a pregnant mum to hav feelings of ambivalence about the pregnancy, even in the most cheerful and posiive of circumstances ; let alone when they're also going through the unpleasantness of divorce. You deserve, surely, a great deal more support and help --- do you have family and friends wo can provide this ? Also consider seeing a counsellor, to help you work through your complex feelings and find better ways to cope with them. Make sure you get good legal advice, to ensure that he is required to provide proper support for you and the child(ren).

1
Posted by: carolb | 2003/03/22

I wish you good luck
you can email with me
reply to kidnpuppetshow@yahoo.com

Reply to carolb