Posted by: Piper | 2005/07/06


Hi Doc, My galfriend's parents are getting divorced, I'm worried about how is going ti affect her. she tells me she's fine about it and i shouldn't worry about her. my question is how do i help her, what advice can i give her at this stage? She seems so hurt. I just want help her during this difficult stage of her life.

Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

She might indeed be fine about it, or upset abo ut it. People vary in how thei react, Maybe it's not advice from you that she needs now, but support --- just being there for her, sympathetic, open to talk ab out it if she wants to, and NOT to talk about it if and when she doesn't.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: SG | 2005/07/06

Just let her know you are there for her.She might feel a bit embarrassed to talk about it as well.

Reply to SG
Posted by: Liza | 2005/07/06

Just be there for her. Don't push her by offering unsolicited advice. She needs to sort things out at her own pace. Give her advice when she asks for it and if she needs advice that you can't give - give her Lifeline's number. Something you might also want to do - or should I say not do - don't take sides with her mother or her father. Stay neutral in any advice you give.

Good Luck

Reply to Liza

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.