Question
Posted by: Anna | 2004/10/14

Divorce

I filled for the divorce 2 weeks ago and my hubby got the papers on Friday last week, has has not said anything to me let alone discuss the way forward.

I am so stressed cause I need to know what he thinks/way forward. Need us to discuss the sharing of assets, the kids, maitanance. I know he had said he wont give me the divorce he will fight for his marriage, I know deep down I have tried to make our marriage to work but from his side nothing was done/has been done. only when I put my foot down he then tries to be a good husband, that is only for a few week then he is back to his self old selfish/inconsiderate person. I have said enough is enough to the life he is making to to live alway crying for his attention, love, respect, sharing, knowing that you are appriciated, wanted that is all that I really wanted from him.

Do you think I should talk to him find out what he is thinking or must I wait for the 30 day then go to court and they with decide about sharing of out assets, I am trying to get out as peaceful and possible, not argument, fighting, done that before and I do not have the energy for his pettiness, want to keep the little energy left in me for my kid (2)

Anna, maybe h's just startled and will take a little time to realize that these maters ned to be discussed. Maybe he needs a nudge from your lawyer towards understanding and starting to talk about this with you. he needs to think that if he refuses to discuss it with you, which might produce a better arrangement for him, it will be up to the court and the lawyers to decide.

1
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/10/14

hi there

you say you don't want arguments or fighting and don't have the energy for his pettiness - well he is not doing anything so what more do you want ?

i think both of you want the same thing - just to get out !
he obviously know that if he does open him mouth you will fight and things will get nasty - thats way he is keeping quite .... or do you want a fight ? do you want him to beg and make promises again

keep to yourself till he wants to speak to you

nina

Reply to lady nina