Question
Posted by: Blondie | 2004/03/05

DIVORCE

I've been married only 1 year, 2 days after the wedding we had our fist major fight, it also got physical, I'm from a very well educated family, no one in our family is fighters, I never thought that I'll be in a marriage where we argue all the time, its agains my biblical believe to get divorce, but HELP, should I get a divorce or not, I don't know what to do!!

Dear Blondie,
Wouldn't it be both wise, and consistent with your beliefs, to firstly become involved, with your husband, in proper marriage counselling, to try to sort out why things are unexpectedly difficult, and to see if they can't be remedied ?
Even where divorce is not contrary to someone's beliefs, I always advise that they first try some serious work together in counselling, to solve all that they are able to solve, rather than giving up in frustration, early on.

3
Posted by: Blondie | 2004/03/05

Thanks for all the kind words, I'm really taking it serious and will speak to some one, my only problem is my husband's not willing to go for any councilling.
Once again thanks

Reply to Blondie
Posted by: sue | 2004/03/05

i agree with cyber-shrink that you should seek some sort of counselling with your husband. its not easy being in a relationship and you constantly need to work at it. if your husband is constantly being abusive then you should leave, no matter what your beliefs are. would you say if he was abusive to your kids because of your beliefs. even if divorce is regarded as 'wrong' by you or your religious beliefs, you shouldnt be a punch bag for some guys ego. think hard about yourself and any kids oyu may have or that may come along.
take care.

Reply to sue
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/03/05

hi girl

is your belief giving you the strengh and support you need ?
surely your belief also told you to be carefull before getting married and be wise at chosing the partner - did you follow your belief to the letter?

if not then now is not the time to hold on to your believes
and use them as justification

divorce is never the answer it's only a way out - if you have tired all avenues of sorting out the proplems - professional help?

don't be to hard on yourself - if your self esteem is suffering then get help or get out - it's not worth it to be in a relasionship when you are abused and both parties are not 100% committed to sorting out the problems

take care girl

nina

Reply to lady nina