Question
Posted by: Help please | 2003/02/21

Diverticulitis meal plan

Hi I was wondering if you have any suggestions on a meal plan for an elderly woman suffering from acute diverticulitis , we have tried many things but are running out od ideas for meals that will build up her strength and not irritate the bowl problem she is 86 years old please if you could advise thankyou!

Dear Reader
In view of the patient's advanced age, debilitated condition and severity of the diverticulitis, I would strongly recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings) for the name of your nearest dietitian), because the patient requires special foods and supplements. In the meanwhile, I would recommend that you use a meal replacement such as Ensure or Compleatcare (Nutricia). You can also phone the Nutricia Criticare number at 0800-006-693 (Toll free) for advice on the best type of supplement you can use under these circumstances.

1
Posted by: Health24 | 2003/02/21

You may be interested in our comprehensive article on diverticulitis. Go to A-Z of diseases for a link to the article.
Hope you find it useful.
Kind regards
Health24

Reply to Health24